"no cooka da noodles" classic Y veggie Y lasagna - sj's famous recipe!
1 c. chopped onion
5 cloves garlic
2 c. sliced mushrooms
1 c. each chopped zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers
2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
1 T. vegetarian worchestershire sauce, soy sauce or teriyaki
1 t. oregano
1 t. parsley flakes
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
ricotta cheese (15 or 16 ounce)
1 can Italian Blend (parmesan & romano)
3 c. mozzarella cheese
small can tomato paste
4 c. tomato juice
- preheat oven to 350º F
- sautee onions, garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, and squash until onions are clear
- stir in tomato juice, mushrooms, tomato paste, and seasonings; add your own seasonings to taste!
- simmer for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better!
- mix cheeses and spinach in seperate bowl, save 1 c. mozzarella for last 15 minutes
- in a 13x9 pan, cover bottom with thin layer of sauce, then layer three times:
- cover with foil, bake 30 minutes; remove foil and bake uncovered 15 minutes with last c. of mozzarella
- put foil back on and let stand 20 minutes before serving